Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year's End

I cannot believe that today is the last day of 2008. This time last year Willis and I were completely different people. We were quite honestly not very happy. Willis was in a job that did not suit him or his personality which made it quite difficult all around. There was lots of tension about money, bills and careers. We put our faith in the Lord and decided that we had to be on the same page as a family. So January 1st 2008 Willis and I began to read the Bible every day. Our goal was to read it through in an entire year. We did this most importantly to learn more about God and his purpose for us as a family, we wanted direction. Every day we read, and slowly things started to change. We noticed our prayers started to change and we weren't so self motivated. We also noticed we were closer than ever. I will admit some days we would be running late and have to play catch up the next day but I am very pleased to say that this morning we finished. After this journey there are quite a few ways that the Lord has blessed us. One is that Willis has a career that he absolutely loves (and we didn't have to move to find it) and I also got back into nursing. This took lots of prayer and God showing me many times that this was what He wanted. I'm so glad I listened. Willis and I haven't been this happy and giddy since we first started to date. And the bills that we worried about this time last year do not cause any stress now. God has truely blessed us in so many ways this year and we are very thankful. We are looking forward to this upcoming year. Hope God blesses your 2009 :-)

No comments: