Code White...that's what they called at Walmart this morning. What is that you may ask. Well that's when someone passes out. How do I know you ask. Because that person was ME! Yes while trying to swipe my debit card and not being able to see the screen I woke up on the ground with the man standing behind me asking if I was alright and 6 Walmart employees coming to help me up. Can you say embarrassed and worried. I had been standing in line and started feeling flush and jittery and hoping I wouldn't pass out, I do not like to make a scene, so I grabbed a Pepsi to add to my items. I thought I would have enough time to pay and then crack open the Pepsi and snacks I had purchased but oh no I was wrong. They brought me a chair and I had my Pepsi and they gave me a candy bar while I sat there trying to compose myself. Normally I wouldn't be too freaked out but considering I'm growing a life in me I thought I better be safe. I called Willis to come pick me up (yes I was alone even more terrifying) and I called the OB. They told me to come right over. Blood pressure was normal, iron and hemoglobin normal so no anemia. Then came the blood sugar. After downing a Pepsi, candy bar and just to be safe a granola bar with yogurt in the waiting room my sugar was only 95. They said not to worry they don't believe I am diabetic but they definitely want me eating more protein in the morning. They also told me the best thing I could do for today would be to have a nice steak for lunch and so that's what we did. Willis took me to get a steak right after leaving the office. I did start to feel better after eating that, not as weak or shaky but still worried. I've spent the rest of the day on the couch snacking. My main concern was the baby and everything is fine. I have been feeling the little one many times since the incident and the heartbeat is still strong so no worries there. I just have to make sure I get up in plenty of time to cook in the mornings...oh how I love to sleep until the last moment. I guess some things just have to change :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment