Today is Week 17! Let's just say that this weekend I popped. I finally broke down and bought maternity clothes. My first outfit a cute black dress and I'm sure I will wear a ton! My next purchase...JEANS! I hadn't needed new pants my old ones still fit and I had some jeans in the next size up from what I usually wear that fit pretty well. Yet this past weekend while getting ready for the Southern Christmas Show it happened...I had nothing to wear!!! I obviously wanted to choose something for comfort sake while doing a couple of hours of walking and shopping and after trying on 4 pairs of pants (that fit 3 days prior) suddenly didn't fit that morning. You may wonder how I didn't notice them not fitting. Well for a couple of days I worked, which meant wearing scrubs so I didn't notice the ever growing belly. Then BAM Saturday nothing fit. Well I manage to stop wallowing in pity and put on some jeans that were not comfortable just so I could go. And yes, as tacky as it is, half of the day my jeans were NOT buttoned. The next day after church Willis took me to Motherhood Maternity and I bought mommy jeans. I never thought I would be so happy to have spandex around my belly, but thank God for it! Here is a picture of me from this morning Week 17 in my new mommy jeans!

Baby Whitley is on the move! When listening with our dopplar I constantly have to move it around to keep up with the heartbeat. I am feeling the baby a lot now. I notice the baby mostly in the car. I tend to listen to my music quite loud while riding back and forth to work and the baby kicks almost the entire ride! I'm not sure if baby likes the music or not...I like to think the baby is rocking out in there ;-) While watching a moving the other night the baby would not be still and I put Willis's hand on my lower belly. He was able to feel one of the movements! Yay! I can't wait for it to happen again :-) Our countdown to ultrasound is 2weeks now. I really haven't looked at nursery items in a few weeks. It's difficult when you don't know the sex. So I'm trying to wait until the big day Decemeber 4th. We had narrowed down the furniture and bedding we liked but I'm sure everything will change when we know for sure which gender we are buying for. Stay tuned for more updates on the growing baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment