Thursday, February 11, 2010

Isabella's Nursery

I finally have pictures of Isabella's Nursery! I must say that it IS my favorite room in the whole house. The plans we had for the nursery originally included white furniture with hot pink and green accents. Then we found this furniture and fell in love with it so all of the nursery plans changed. I am so pleased with how it all came together. We wanted her room to be girly but not too frilly and I think we accomplished that. We have ordered curtains and should have them up within the next 2 weeks but I couldn't wait until then to post pictures. So here is a pic of her room from the door.I absolutely loved this four post crib when we saw it. I just screams little girl. It is cherry wood and does convert to a toddler bed, day bed and full size bed...yay! The bedding was one of the most difficult choices to make. Since we chose the dark cherry furniture we decided to go with lighter bedding. There are different shade of pink with a sage green and different patterns of damask and medallion. There are a few elephants on the bumper and blanket but it's not too overwhelming or themy(I know that's not really a word.) One of my favorite parts of her room are the pom poms I made to go above the crib. I just love how they turned out :-)

Each post has a crystal knob and that carries over to the other furniture. Also I managed to find a curtain rod that has the exact same crystal finial on the end...too perfect.



This is her changing table/dresser. The ledge on the top comes off whenever we aren't wanting to use it as a changing table any more. The mirror I sent Willis to pick up from Ikea and after seeing it with the furniture I don't think we could have found a better mirror even if one came with the furniture. I love how the curves of the mirror match the top of the dresser.
This one of Willis' favorite parts of the room...Izzie's reading corner. Instead of a traditional bookcase we got these cute individual shelves from Ikea to add a touch of green to the room. I couldn't pass up on the bean bag. I know she won't sit in it for a while but it was too cute and matched perfectly!
Here is her chest. The picture frame above is empty right now. We are planning on that being a place where we put a family picture. We are going to start with one of our maternity photos...soon to come.
Instead of doing the common thing and putting her name on the wall I found the awesome block letters at Hobby Lobby. A little pink spray paint and we have her initials.

All of the family after a busy day of organizing the nursery. Even miss Abby is loving the new room. Willis and I keep going in there just to look around. Can't wait to have Isabella with us! Only 11 more weeks!!!

2 comments:

Country Living said...

The room is sooo cute. I love the furniture. You are so creative.

Lindsay said...

I love it!! You are such a good decorator! Don't you just love Ikea! And it looks very baby proofed with is perfect for when she starts crawling everywhere! The bed is my favorite with the crystal balls on top! So girly!