Yes today is 20 weeks and officially the halfway mark of my pregnancy. I absolutely love being pregnant. Sure I get tired of getting up to pee in the middle of the night and the growing waistline is taking some getting use to...but I LOVE IT. As much as I love pregnancy and this growing baby inside of me after seeing her on the ultrasound now all I want it to hold my little girl in my arms, and I'm halfway there!
Yesterday was a girls day with Momma. She came up and we picked up our glider from Babies R US. And believe me, we spent a lot of time in there now that we know we are shopping for a girl! Then we came back to my house to bake some cookies. We made some cute sugar cookies Mommas were snowflakes and looked amazing and I did ornaments.
Momma baking cookies

In a Christmas book we found a great recipe for dog biscuits. So of course I wanted to try them for Miss Abby. They were cheese flavored and very simple to make. Here I am cutting out the cookies.

As you can see the growing belly is starting to get in the way. You can see some of the flour on my belly from the baking.

At the Southern Christmas Show I had found some
dog bone cookie cutters that I knew would be great for making Abby's cookies. And here they are after about 15 minutes in the oven.

They get Miss Abby's approval. They smelled great and Willis says they taste like the cheddar biscuits from Red Lobster. I will definitely make those again.

Willis came home that night to a project. Just getting him use to parenthood he says :-) We picked up the glider earlier that day and Willis had to get it assembled that night. Here he is putting it together and Miss Abby thinking she's helping.

All assembled! I think it looks great in our living room. The
cushion is microfiber just like our sofa and is so comfy. We decided early on that we wanted it in the living room and to match in there instead of the nursery and I'm glad we did. It's a great addition in there. We went with the darker
cushion so stains won't show as easy. I'm excited to take some naps in that!

Momma didn't come
empty handed! I knew that she would go shopping the second we told her the baby is a girl. She brought a cute hat box that says it's a girl with some goodies inside. She recommends using the hat box for my keepsakes like the outfit I bring her home in, her first shoes etc. and I think that's a fabulous idea! Inside was an
adorable white dress, some receiving blankets, a rattle and a cute stuffed lamb. Thanks Mom! Baby Girl will love it!

While at Babies R Us Momma couldn't resist picking up Baby Girl some cute things. We got a set of 5
onsies that I just love. And a cute little outfit. It is all summer outfits since she will be here the end of April. I can't wait to put these on her!

As you know I do not do gender neutral. So until this point I had restrained myself and not bought anything and I mean anything for our baby. Now knowing we are having a sweet girl I could not go to
BRU and leave empty handed! I got her this adorable
swim suite and of course I had to match up a headpiece!!! LOVE IT!!! Now all she needs for her first beach trip will be sunglasses and some little sandals!

After Christmas is over we plan to start on the nursery. I am giving myself time to plan what I want to do in there. I am looking through websites and magazines trying to get inspiration. All I can tell you is that it will be colorful and definitely
girly!!!
2 comments:
EVERYTHING IS SOOO CUTE. PLEASE SEND ME THE DOG BISCUIT RECIPE. I CAN COOK THOSE FOR BO. THANKS NIKI
Isn't baby shopping just so much fun! It's easy to go bankrupt in babies r us! Everything looks so good! You look so cute pregnant!
Post a Comment